Code of conduct
Contributors Code of Conduct
Google and the WebRTC team are committed to preserving and fostering a diverse, welcoming and open community. The WebRTC project is open to contributors from all walks of life and should be a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body size, disability, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, level of experience, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation.
This Code of Conduct applies to our repos and organizations, mailing lists, blog content, and any other WebRTC-supported communication group, as well as any private communication initiated in the context of these spaces.
Examples of behavior that contributes to creating a positive environment include:
- Using welcoming and inclusive language
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences
- Gracefully accepting constructive criticism
- Focusing on what is best for the community
- Showing empathy towards other community members
Examples of unacceptable behavior by participants include:
- The use of sexualized language or imagery and unwelcome sexual attention or advances
- Trolling, insulting/derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks
- Public or private harassment
- Publishing others’ private information, such as a physical or electronic address, without explicit permission
- Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting
You are empowered to politely engage when you feel that you or others are disrespected. The person making you feel uncomfortable may not be aware of what they are doing - politely bringing their behavior to their attention is encouraged.
If you are uncomfortable speaking up, or feel that your concerns are not being duly considered, you can email email@example.com to request involvement from a community manager. All concerns shared with community managers will be kept confidential. While all reports will be taken seriously, the WebRTC community managers may not act on complaints that they feel are not violations of this code of conduct.
Consequences for failing to comply with this policy may include, at the sole discretion of the WebRTC community managers:
- a request for an apology;
- a private or public warning or reprimand;
- a temporary ban from the mailing list, blog, WebRTC repository or organization, or other WebRTC-supported communication group, including loss of committer status;
- a permanent ban from any of the above, or from all current and future WebRTC-supported or Google-supported communities, including loss of committer status.
Participants warned to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately; failure to do so will result in an escalation of consequences.
The decisions of the WebRTC community managers may be appealed via firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Code of Conduct is available for reuse under the Creative Commons Zero (CC0) license.